Monday, April 09, 2007


Toronto: Easter Weekend

Friday (Good Friday) was a public holiday for us. It's the first long weekend since Christmas and a much needed break. Primary and Secondary schools are also closed on Monday for Easter Monday so teachers and students get and extra day off. Unfortunately, the rest of us will have to work :P

When one thinks of Easter, usually chocolate (see golden chocolate bunny in pic!), the Easter Bunny, multi-pastel coloured eggs and Spring comes to mind. While the chocolate and eggs made their appearances, Spring was no where to be found. In fact, it was so cold that it snowed!!!

Many people gathered with their families during this season. Some for the Catholic celebration of Jesus's resurrection, some for the Jewish celebration of passover. Anand went to Chicago for a friend's wedding. I didn't have a US visa so I couldn't go. But I had great fun catching up with my friend Fai. We rented a movie called Mona Lisa Smile and I slept over at her place. Next day (Saturday) I went to the Roach's to spend my weekend there. Anand came back from Chicago on Sunday just in time to join us for Easter Dinner. We had lots of good food and great fun, as always :)

No comments: