Wednesday, August 19, 2009

BN Fielding Disbarred Lawyer

I am shocked...ok let's be honest..I am disgusted at the Barisan Nasional for fielding a candidate in the Permatang Pasir by election that has been disbarred by the Malaysian Bar for misconduct. The candidate in question, was found guilty for failure of refunding RM161K. I have always thought that prospective candidates must be clean...ok...granted everyone is human...but come on, who would want to have an elected official that has been tainted? No matter how the BN spins it, the candidate was found guilty. I find the statement released by BN stating that the Bar Council's action is "just an action taken by a group responsible for its members' discipline" ridiculous...come on..don't the BN conduct background checks on their potential canditates before announcing the candidacy?...please don't mistake me for supporting the opposition. I am apolitical. I don't support any particular party.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments: